What is Layar Publishing site ?
The Layar Publishing Site is the place where the whole life cycle of layer management is handled, from layer creation to publication.
In general, the following activities are provided on the Layar publishing site:
1. Layer management life cycle
- layer creation
- layer editing
- layer testing
- layer ownership transferring (assign a layer to different publisher)
- layer publication request /approval
- layer publication
- layer maintenance (unpublish/freeze a layer)
- layer termination (delete a layer)
2. Publishing info management
Publishing information editing (contact info/public profile)
3. Layer insights
- Statistics for public layers
- Sales Report for premium layers
4. Support and troubleshooting
- error log
- cheat sheet with all the support resources
In this section, we will demonstrate how the Layar publishing site looks like.
After logging into layar website (http://www.layar.com/) with layar account (developer role enabled), click on "My layers" (a blue button on the top right side next to user name) to open the layar publishing site (see screenshot below).
In total, there are five tabs:
1. "Layers" tab - layer management life cycle
2. "My information" tab - publisher information
3. Stats & Errors
4. Sales Report
Underneath this tab you can find the paid layers you’ve published.
NOTE "Sales report" tab is only available when you have published premium layers. Please NOTE that premium layers are not officially supported since 1st August 2012.