The Layar Blender add-on enables you to export individual 3D models to the Layar 3D (.l3d) file format, as well as entire scenes to a combination of Layar JSON and resource files (.l3d files and images). While we have used the addon internally for several use cases, it should still be considered experimental.
The Layar addon v0.5.0 has only been tested on Blender 2.7.0, and we have thus set this as the minimal version. Please download the latest version from blender.org.
You can download the latest Layar 3D blender add-on here
To install the add-on:
- Go to the user preferences screen (File -> User Preferences…)
- Select the “Addons” tab.
- Click “Install from File…” and select the downloaded zip file.
- Search “layar” and Click the checkbox on the right to enable the add-on
- Click “Save User Settings” to make sure the addon is enabled when you restart Blender
After downloading and installing the add-on you can create and export your .l3d contend. To help you get started we have created a step by step tutorial. Note that you need to have basic knowledge of blender in order to use it.
In the tutorial you can find how to:
- Install the add-on
- Import and export Layar 3D (.l3d) files
- Create and export Layar Scenes (.json)